Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1, 2011

I have never written a blog before. I never really understood what it was. I guess I am just going to write about whatever comes to mind since this is my first blog. I have been sick lately and it has completely sucked! I am not the kind of person to get sick often and when I move away form home and feel ready to be on my own I suddenly get very sick. Not good. But on a positive note the health center here on campus was very helpful. Moving away from home was not as bad as i thought it would be. I feel independent and happy to be attending SJSU. I lived in Salinas, CA so I am only about an hour away form my family and friends. I am not TOO far away but just enough distance to make my own life. I am a transfer student from Hartnell College. I graduated from high school in 2009 and did two years there before transfering.
So far I love SJSU. I feel like I belong here and i love living in a city as big as San Jose. At the beginning it was very difficult for me because I am really close to my family. I was afraid of leaving them since I am the oldest from my siblings and I feel like I have some responsibility toward them. My roommate situation was not helping me cope with the move. We were all really shy and wouldnt talk and i HATED being locked in my room all day but now we all get along and talk more. I am still trying to get used to the school and figure out where everything is at since at my community college I knew where everything was located. I am looking forward to the rest of my college years. I have a feeling that I am going to have a lot of great experiences in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment