Friday, October 21, 2011

October 21, 2011

It's finally the weekend! This week i had a lot of work to do. It was a tough week but I'm glad it's over. Next week i have a midterm and an essay due. I am so happy because I received a scholarship that i desperately needed. Today I don't have class but i do have dance practice later today. I have practice for the group in San Jose today and practice for the group in Salinas tomorrow. I am going home tomorrow morning so I can make it to practice. Time has been going by so fast. I just realized that it is almost thanksgiving! Finals are a couple of weeks after that.
This week I wrote my essay on the Dream Act. It was passed earlier this week. I think this is a great opportunity for more students to go to college. A reason why I agree with this act is becasue I come from a place where I hear a lot about immigration. There is a lot of fear of being deported. Most of the people at my high school were mexican and some were illegal immigrants. It was sad for me to see some very bright students that could not afford to go to a university just becasue they could not afford it and did not have the chance of applying for financial aid. I have a friends who are studying at a community college so that they have time to work so they can afford going to a university. I think that the Dream Act will bring opportunities to many people who never thought they could go to college.

Decry - v. To express strong disapproval of
Variegated-having discrete markings of different colors

No comments:

Post a Comment